The new generation of permeable paving
The Permeable pavements are characterized by:
>They reduce surface runoff and local flooding.
>They contribute to evaporation and generate a healthier urban climate.
>They promote groundwater recharge and soil functions.
>They filter up to 100% of rainwater.
>They reduce the need for sewerage networks, saving costs.
>They meet all aspects of sustainability: ecological, economic and social.
• Reduction of atmospheric and noise pollution.
• Increased biodiversity, which is particularly important for the functioning of ecosystems.
• Better rainwater management helps to minimize the effects of flooding.
• Shift towards active transport. Encouraging walking, cycling, rollerblading…
• Reducing the “heat island” effect. By minimizing this effect, which is characterized by higher temperatures in urban areas, we achieve a better quality of life.
• In areas where SUDS drainage techniques are combined, life expectancy increases:
+ health, + cohesion, – inequalities.
• Reduced crime and insecurity. Pedestrian and gathering spaces create proximity between people, therefore, reduce grand thefts by don’t facilitate fleeing.
• Spaces and play areas are built around schools.
• Community events are enhanced.
• Increases the sense of belonging and pride for a neighborhood or area.
• Local commerce and local economies grow.
• Increases the price of housing in these environments.
• Increases the number of people passing through these places (pedestrian area) and, therefore, the economy.
• Fewer empty commercial spaces.
• Increased nightlife.
• Promotion areas. Towns have spaces where they can put their name, promotional photos, branding, and general signage to enhance brand identity.
• Small residential neighborhoods pave a corner with draining paving stones and this leads to the opening of small shops and increases the value of the area.
At Breinco we support the use of local products to reduce the environmental impact of long-distance transport. Regional materials are defined as products and materials that are extracted, processed and transported in the region in which they are used, in order to reduce transport costs and energy consumption, therefore lowering CO2 emissions.
The modular nature of a pavement allows easy access to the underlying layers for repairs and for the rehabilitation of the same units without damage or without damaging or affecting the surface.
Any reusable material is recycled instead of being sent to the landfill. When a material is dry-installed, it can be removed from the initial location for reuse elsewhere when necessary
SOLAR REFLECTANCE INDEX
The SRI rating makes it possible to categorise a finish according to its capacity to help mitigate the «urban heat island effect». Darker surfaces that heat up and store heat should be avoided, and lighter surfaces should be used instead.
30% RECYCLED PLASTIC
Our packaging bags now, contain 30% recycled plastic and we use reusable pallets.
40% RECYCLED AGGREGATE
Our products are produced using up to 40% of recycled aggregate, depending on the product and maintaining Breinco’s characteristic levels of quality and durability at all times.
At Breinco we stand for a sustainable world, that’s why 100% of our products can be recycled.
100% RENEWABLE ENERGY SOURCE
The energy consumed by Breinco has been produced 100% from renewable energy sources.